I was shocked when I first leanred that my own droll and boring husband, Sir Percy, was the one and only Scarlet Pimpernel. Then I realized that he had gone to rescue Suzanne's father, and he was in great jeopardy. I had betrayed his life to Chauvelin thinking that I was betraying the Scarlet Pimpernel, not my own husband. How could I, the cleverest woman in Europe, had missed such a crucial piece of information? My own husband was the Sclarlet Pimpernel and when he went away in a hurry be the last time that I see him. You may ask me, "But, Marguerite, are you not ecstatic to have your husband as teh most important Sclarlet Pimpernel?" My answer is that I care about Sir Percy now more than anything else in the world. The funny thing about that is that I have never cared so much about Sir Percy in my life!
Before, my love for Sir Percy was not alive any loner. We were like a plant that had withered away, then was watered in a fatal attempt to be revived. We made fun of each other and never talked directly to eachother, only about each other. When I found out that Sir Percy was the Scarlet Pimpernel, I realized that it was vital that he be saved. I had betrayed Sir Percy, and I had to undo it. As I write this article, a tear comes down my cheek. If Chavelin is to catch Percy in the evil well-set trap, then I will never be able to live with myself. Sir Percy could never be so important to me as he is now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment